Membership with your national association has special perks! We provide tools to ensure the visibility of your occupational therapy practice, help occupational therapists and consumers make informed product choices and connect you with a global community.
FIND an OT
Be Listed! Be Found! FIND an OT is a directory that is accessible by anyone looking for an OT in Canada. With four different, customizable listing options, you can highlight your practice and help Canadians find the occupational therapy services they need.
Product Recognition Program
All full members of CAOT receive a FREE membership with the World Federation of Occupational Therapists - the official international organization for the promotion of occupational therapy. Access a world of resources and discounts, including:
- the semi-annual WFOT Bulletin – WFOT’s international professional journal
- opportunities to develop international networks by interacting with colleagues from around the globe
- eligibility to apply for research awards
- access to Occupational Therapists International Online Network
- generous discounts on products and promotional items offered for sale in WFOT’s online store
- pre-release downloads of the latest FREE publications and promotional materials up to 12 months before they are released publicly
Activate your free membership in the World Federation of Occupational Therapy today:
- Access the WFOT website www.wfot.org
- Click on tab “Membership> Already a Member?> set up your account online” or click on http://www.wfot.org/Membership/MemberRegistration.aspxor Go to the “Homepage > Login > Already a member? Register online”
- Fill out the Membership Registration Form – your Membership No. is the same as your Member Organizations’ Membership No.
- Click on “Register”
- Login (with your username and password you created) and it will take you to the Members’ area site where you have access to the: Research Centre, Job Opportunities, Research, Events, Banner Advertisements
Student Associates and Occupational Therapist Assistants may also join the WFOT for only $30 per year! Contact us today to join!
Receive the latest news directly to your email inbox each week with CAOT’s electronic newsletter, OT Weekly. You’ll never miss updates on advocacy initiatives, governance information, special opportunities, and other timely news!
Support for research
Your membership helps provide annual funding to the Canadian Occupational Therapy Foundation (COTF)
for developing occupational therapy research opportunities. Five dollars from each paid CAOT membership
goes to COTF along with a dollar-for-dollar matching of COTF net fundraising amounts, up to a total of $125,000 annually. You can subscribe to COTF Monthly to follow Foundation news and to donate.
CAOT Volunteer Program- Get Involved !
A volunteer role with CAOT may be of interest to you, as an opportunity to add to your skills, share your expertise, build your network or to allow you to give back to occupational therapy. Specific experience is needed for some roles and others are more general. Our mission of advancing excellence in occupational therapy would not move forward without volunteerism being central to the membership experience at CAOT.
Volunteer roles come in a wide range of time commitments and responsibilities.
- Our Get Involved page summarizes what CAOT has for you to consider.
- Our Volunteer Showcaseshares insights and stories from some of CAOT’s most active members.
Through our awards program, the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists seeks to:
- Recognize and honour outstanding contributions of individuals and groups to the Association and the profession
- Promote and recognize excellence in occupational therapy
- Recognize outstanding contributions to the promotion of occupation and participation among Canadians
- Increase public awareness of both the achievements of the individual recipients and the profession as a whole
- Inspire others through publicizing the achievements of recipients
Watch for information in your email inbox, on social media, and in OT Weekly during the fall on how to nominate your colleagues for one of our prestigious awards.
We celebrate YOU during CAOT Member Appreciation Week!
Take advantage of additional member discounts, free professional development opportunities, and several chances to win valuable prizes during our annual Member Appreciation Week. With something for everyone on our themed days, we hope you’ll join us in the celebration.