October is occupational therapy month in Canada
Join us in celebrating occupational therapy and advocating for occupational therapy solutions that work!
There are many ways to get involved:
- Join our social media campaign by sharing your thoughts on “If an OT were prime minister then…”
- OT Month book sale
- CAOT Volunteer showcase
- Participate in World OT Day activities through the WFOT
Advocate for OT leading up to the federal election on October 21st and once a new leader has been chosen by sharing the impact of occupational therapy solutions.
If you or one of your colleagues were prime minister, what would the impact of your policies be? How would you change the lives of Canadians?
We’ve given you some ideas below, now get creative to tell us and the rest of Canada: "If an OT were prime minister then…"
Print the PDF to share your message!
There’s just 5 easy steps to participate:
- Print out the blank PDF image available here
- Add your message in big, bright letters! Use a marker to make a bold impact.
- Take a selfie holding the image.
- Share the photo on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook using the hashtags #OT365 and #ItsOurVote in your post to advocate for OT!
- Watch the hashtags during OT month; retweet and share other posts to help the message spread.
You could also download and share the images below on social media. Be sure to use the hashtags in your post!
- mom and dad could stay in their home, safely- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- every child would have the skills they need to succeed- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- every building would be accessible- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- those struggling with mental health or addiction would get the help they need- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- family caregivers would be better supported- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Canadian workers would be more productive- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Did you know that there are more than 300 members currently filling volunteer roles with CAOT?
CAOT couldn’t operate without the time, energy and skill that our members contribute to the association. Our mission of advancing excellence in occupational therapy would not move forward without volunteerism being central to the membership experience at CAOT.
This month, meet some of your colleagues who contribute to CAOT committees, programs, professional development, advocacy initiatives and more!
Click on each profile to see their full story.
Check out the CAOT Volunteer Program: Get Involved and decide how you might get more involved in CAOT.
World Occupational Therapy day falls in OT month, so on October 27, let’s go global and help promote OT around the world!
The WFOT invites you to join them in promoting and celebrating World Occupational Therapy Day 2019. The theme for this year is “Improving world health and wellbeing”.
- WFOT is once again partnering with promotingot.org to support the OT Global Day of Service (OTGDS) that will take place on the 27th October.
- The WFOT has a range of resources that you can use to promote World Occupational Therapy Day 2019. They can be downloaded from the WFOT Resource Centre.
- Use the hashtag #worldOTday to tweet about occupational therapy on the 27th