CAOT Professional Liability Insurance
Over 92% of our members trust our Canada-wide insurance protection to risk-proof their practice!
In partnering with BMS Group and the Healthcare Professionals Insurance Alliance (HPIA), CAOT has invested significantly to provide occupational therapists with the most cost effective and comprehensive coverage available, specialized resources, and best in class legal defence. CAOT has optimized your professional liability insurance program and has become the primary source for the protection, advice and practice risk needs of Canadian occupational therapists.
Our plan protects you against liability/allegations for damages resulting from a negligent act, error, omission or malpractice arising out of your profession as an occupational therapist. Liability insurance offered through BMS Group includes sexual abuse therapy and counselling fund endorsement. This coverage also meets the requirements of all Canadian regulatory bodies.
CAOT Professional Liability Insurance at a Glance
- Two comprehensive professional liability insurance packages available:
- Special rates for new members during the first two years after graduation. Enjoy 50% off in your first year and 25% in your second.
- Special rates for individuals on maternity/parental leave who will work less than six consecutive months during the membership year. Enjoy 50% off your insurance premium
- For-member by-member insurance program offers the best product for occupational therapists
- Full and cost-effective coverage
- Enhance your insurance program knowledge with Risk Proof: The Risk Management Magazine for CAOT
- Specialized pro-bono legal services with Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
1(800) 434-CAOT (2268) Vickie (bilingual) x 221 and Chris x 246 or email@example.com Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm ET
For access to your current insurance certificate, login to My Account.