CBI Kelowna is currently seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our team. We’re looking for someone who is interested in the assessment and treatment of adult clients addressing a range of mental health conditions such as post traumatic stress disorder, mood disorder, anxiety, depression, or chronic pain.
Both full time or part time options are available.
What our current clinicians have to say about why they like to work at CBI Kelowna:
• "I enjoy the team atmosphere. The ability to collaborate on care plans regarding clients is very enjoyable and is an educating experience." • "I like working here because we have such a close team. Having an interdisciplinary team allows you to be confident in every decision you make as you have colleagues from various fields providing their input. Also, we get along like family members which makes it fun to come to work, and there is no better support you could ask for from the managers." • "I like working here because we offer robust programs of care in house which means we get plenty of time to see and closely monitor our patients’ progress. The clinic is incredibly well organized, more than any other clinic I've worked at." • "I love working at CBI Kelowna because every person who works here has the same end goal: providing exceptional customer care to our clients!" • "Great team atmosphere with constant opportunities to learn!"
Feedback from our clients:
• "I felt valued, not just another client." • "Everything was great and I wish I could have been here sooner." • "Excellent training, advice, and encouragement." • "I make progress everyday and set backs are temporary." • "Highly professional yet friendly and empathetic."
The success of our system is dependent upon the strength of our people and considerable resources are focused on hiring, training and developing staff. All positions receive extensive access to our multi-disciplinary network to facilitate a successful experience. Annual education symposiums are featured which allow networking with other professionals in a fun and relaxing environment.
• Hold a current valid license to practice in BC (or eligible for registration)
• 3+ years experience in the area of adult rehabilitation
• Strong communicator both verbal and written; report writing skills are essential
• A desire to work with an adult demographic with physical, cognitive or mental health conditions.
• Mental health treatment experience
• Dysphagia management training
• Wound care course/conference training
• Vehicle modification education or training
• Accessibility/environmental modification courses/conference training
• Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) training
CBI Kelowna is located in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. Bordering Okanagan Lake, Kelowna is well known for its hot summers and temperate winters. As one of the most livable cities in Canada, Kelowna boasts all the amenities of a major city including fine dining, unique shops, vibrant culture, and orchards and vineyards within a 10 minute drive from the downtown core.
CBI Health Group is a privately owned leading Canadian healthcare services and management company dedicated to providing an integrated approach to health management. Voted one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Culture Award, we provide a dynamic, well-supported work environment where you can really make a difference in the lives of your patients and community!
For further information contact Preet, Recruiter, BC Region