St. Joseph’s Continuing Care Centre of Sudbury is Northeastern Ontario’s only continuing care hospital offering specialized care programs for medically complex patients whose conditions require a hospital stay and regular onsite physician care. The goal is to achieve high levels of medical recovery and active rehabilitation so that patients can transition to lower levels of care or back to the community. We are a faith based organization guided by the core values of Service, Integrity, Dignity and Excellence with a focus on a culture of caring. Please consider joining our team of dedicated professionals if you share a genuine commitment to the wellbeing and care of our patients and staff.
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (2 positions) Salary range: $65,540 to $77,117
• Temporary Full-time positions (approx. 1 year)
• Will consider part-time applications
The Occupational Therapist works within a multidisciplinary team setting to provide therapy services to patients in medically complex and slow-paced rehabilitation programs for adult and geriatric populations.He/She performs assessments and develops and implements individualized therapeutic programs to enhance and maximize patients’ functional abilities. He/she participates in discharge planning to help ensure that patients graduate to the most appropriate living option, whether that be independent living, assisted living, or institutional care.
Additional responsibilities include:
• recommending adaptive equipment, exercise regimes and other activities to enhance independence with respect to activities of daily living, mobility and transfers
• fabricating or modifying adaptive equipment based on patient needs
• providing education to patients and families and advising on post-discharge services
• Clinical Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
• current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
• ADP Authorizer certification and experience in geriatric rehab would be considered assets
St. Joseph’s Continuing Care Centre Attention: Human Resources 1140 South Bay Road Sudbury, ON P3E 0B6 Fax: 705-674-9550 Email: email@example.com
St. Joseph’s Continuing Care Centre offers a competitive salary and benefits package (including HOOPP pension) and career development opportunities. Please indicate the Job Title of the position to which you are applying in the subject line of your email or fax cover sheet.