The Occupational Therapy Program at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse is seeking a new program director. Qualified persons are invited to apply for a full-time, 12-month tenure track assistant/associate professor position to begin in July, 2017. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, personable leader who will build on an established program and shape the direction of new initiatives for our entry level occupational therapy master's degree program. Teaching responsibilities will consist of course assignments based on the individual's background, interests and program needs. The Occupational Therapy Program has strong administrative support, inter-professional collaboration, well-equipped laboratories and classrooms and attracts top-quality students. ACOTE awarded a 10-year accreditation status in 2015. Our face-to-face program is student-centered, with a strong emphasis on professional advising/identity and experiential hands-on learning.
A candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience as an assistant professor to be considered eligible to be hired at the level of associate professor.
• Research Doctoral Degree (PhD or equivalent)
• Be licensed or eligible to practice occupational therapy in a US jurisdiction
• Administrative experience (academic or clinical)
• Knowledge of academic governance
• Knowledge of current trends in the field of occupational therapy and occupational therapy education
• Show experience in leadership
• Show evidence of 9 months teaching experience at the postsecondary level
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication, organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrate ability to develop a program of scholarship that will successfully lead to promotion/tenure
• An understanding of ACOTE requirements
This position will be open until filled with a first review date of November 28, 2016. Please contact Amy Mason, Search & Screen Committee Chair, at email@example.com, 608-785-5062 for more details about the position and questions prior to application.
Note: Electronic submission of application materials is required. For additional information about this position and to apply, please visit https://employment.uwlax.edu/
UW-La Crosse is an AA/EEO employer. Employment will require a criminal background check.
Copyright 2016 Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists